LAST UPDATED 06 September 2022
Welcome to the Swarovski Alumni Network!
This Website is provided by
Daniel Swarovski Corporation AG Alte Landstrasse 411, CH-8708 Männedorf, Switzerland
1. AGREEMENT TO TERMS
By accessing and using the Swarovski Alumni Platform, YOU accept without limitation, the:
- the Privacy Notice for Swarovski Alumni Network.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS, YOU MUST REFRAIN FROM ACCESSING THE SWAROVSKI ALUMNI NETWORK AND YOU MUST DISCONTINUE USE IMMEDIATELY.
These terms apply to all users of the Website.
2. WHO IS ELIGIBLE AND CAN USE THE SWAROVSKI ALUMNI PLATFORM
The access and use of the Website is restricted to former SWAROVSKI´s employees.
SWAROVSKI´s employees may register to participate in the Alumni community upon exiting SWAROVSKI.
The Website is intended for users who are at least 18 years old. Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to use or register for the Website.
3. USER REPRESENTATIONS
By using the Swarovski Alumni Platform, YOU indicate that YOU consent to this Terms and represent and warrant that:
- all registration information YOU submit will be true, accurate, current, and complete and that YOU will not provide false identity information to access or use the Website;
- YOU will maintain the accuracy of such information and promptly update such registration information as necessary;
- YOU are not a minor in the jurisdiction in which YOU reside;
- YOU will not access the Site through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script or otherwise;
- YOU will not use the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose;
- Your use of the Site will not violate any applicable law or regulation;
- YOU will not reveal your account password to others or allowing use of your account by others.
If YOU provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
4. USER REGISTRATION
In order to access and use the Swarovski Alumni Platform, YOU are required to register with the Site. YOU agree to keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your account and password. We reserve the right to remove, reclaim, or change a username YOU select if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
5. YOUR ACCOUNT
YOU are responsible for any activity that occurs in your account. Therefore, YOU need to keep your account secure, e.g. by using a strong password. Do not share your password, give access to your account to others, or transfer your account to anyone else. YOU must notify Swarovski (email@example.com ), if YOU think that someone has gained access to your account. YOU can create only one account (your own), and in your use of the Service, YOU must comply with all applicable laws.
6. PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES
We want people to use the Swarovski Alumni Network to build valuable and lasting connections, allowing individuals to continue developing throughout their careers and to share content (see par. 7 User Generated Contributions) that is important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being pf others or the integrity of our Network or the integrity of our Community. YOU may not access or use the Website for any purpose other than that for which we make the Website available. The Swarovski Alumni Platform may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavours except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of the Site, YOU agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others doing so):
- Use the Services to do or share anything that violates these Terms, that is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent and/or that infringes someone else´s rights.
- Post text which contains material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination.
- Breach the privacy of any third person, including by uploading any person´s private information or picture without the concerned person´s consent.
- Systematically retrieve data or other Content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from SWAROVSKI.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead SWAROVSKI and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, SWAROVSKI and/or the Site.
- Use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site.
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of SWAROVSKI´s employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Site to YOU.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
- Except as permitted by applicable law, decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
- Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- Make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretences.
- Use the Site as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavour or commercial enterprise.
- Sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- Use the Site to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
To help support our Community, we encourage YOU to report Content, Contributions or conduct that YOU believe violates your rights (including intellectual property rights) or our Terms to firstname.lastname@example.org .
7. USER GENERATED CONTRIBUTIONS
The Site may invite YOU to chat, contribute to, or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums, and other functionality, and may provide YOU with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to us or on the Site, including but not limited to text, writings, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material (collectively "Contributions"). Please remember that Contributions may be locally and globally viewable by other users of the Site and through third-party websites. As such, any Contributions YOU transmit may be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. When YOU create or make available any Contributions, YOU thereby represent and warrant that:
- The creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
- your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
- your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
- your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
- your Contributions are not used to harass or threaten (in the legal sense of those terms) any other person and to promote violence against a specific person or class of people.
- your Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
- your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- your Contributions do not violate any applicable law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors.
- your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
If YOU are unsatisfied with our services, please email us at email@example.com .
Any feedback YOU provide to us by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data,
questions, comments, suggestions or the like, is and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything transmitted or posted becomes the property of SWAROVSKI and may be used for any purposes. Any such use is without compensation to the submitter of the information and/or data. SWAROVSKI is under no obligation to use the information submitted or to send any confirmation or feedback that a submission is successful.
9. THE PERMISSIONS YOU GIVE US, YOUR USE OF CONTENT
We need certain permissions from YOU to provide our Services:
a) Permission to use Contributions YOU create and share: YOU own the Contributions YOU create and share on the Website, and nothing in these Terms takes away the rights YOU have to your own Contributions. YOU are free to share your Contributions with anyone else, wherever YOU want. To provide our Services, though, we need YOU to give us some legal permissions to use that Contributions.
Specifically, when YOU share, post, or upload Contributions that is covered by intellectual property rights (like photos or videos) on or in connection with our Services, YOU grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty free, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your Contributions. This means, for example, that if YOU share a photo on the Swarovski Alumni Platform, YOU give us permission to store, copy, and share it with others such as service providers that support our Service or other Services YOU use.
YOU can end this license any time by deleting your Contributions or account. YOU should know that, for technical reasons, Contributions YOU delete may persist for a limited period of time on the Swarovski Alumni Platform or in backup copies (please note that all the Contributions YOU haven’t deleted, will be visible to other USERS, however, the Contributions will not be allocated to YOU - unless Contributions contains a personal feature which we will not be able to remove).
b) Permission to use your name and profile picture: YOU give us permission to use your name and profile picture YOU have uploaded on the Website without any compensation to YOU.
c) Permission to update software YOU use or download: The Content on the Website is provided “AS IS”. YOU may access and use the Content for your information and personal use only. YOU may not download any Content unless a download button or similar functionality is displayed. YOU shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of SWAROVSKI or the respective licensors of the Content.
YOU understand that the Content displayed on the Website is from a variety of sources, and that SWAROVSKI is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Content. Any reliance upon the material of the Website shall be at your own risk. YOU agree that it is your responsibility to monitor any changes to the material and the information contained on this Website.
The Content on the Website, and the trademarks, service marks and logos ("Trademarks") on the website, are owned by or licensed to SWAROVSKI, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law. YOU agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Website or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Website or the Content therein.
10. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The Swarovski Group, or the applicable third-party owner retains all rights, title and interest (including copyright, design, trademarks, patents or other intellectual property rights) in all materials used on this Websites, including but not limited to text, names, product designs, logos, images, graphics, videos and other artworks (hereafter referred to as “Content”). Nothing contained on the Websites should be construed as granting any license or right to use any Content displayed on the Websites.
You may freely browse the Content on the Websites but you are only permitted to download, view or use such Content from the Websites for your own personal, non-commercial use if the Content and all copyright or other proprietary notices are kept intact. Additionally, We ask you to add the following notice on such reproductions: © Swarovski. All rights reserved.
Besides the above permission, you may not modify, adapt, reproduce or change the Websites or its Content nor incorporate the Websites or its Content into any other website, online platform or similar. Any commercial use is forbidden without prior written permission from Swarovski.
SWAROVSKI and the SWAN logo are, among others, registered trademarks of Swarovski AG. The Swarovski Group monitors the use of its trademarks and will take adequate measures to enforce against any form of intellectual property infringements.
11. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT
The Website may contain links to third party websites and service that are not owned or controlled by SWAROVSKI. The links on SWAROVSKI’s Websites may take YOU outside the SWAROVSKI Group network. SWAROVSKI has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, service, privacy policies, or practices of any third party. SWAROVSKI accepts no liability for the content, accuracy, or function of these other websites.
SWAROVSKI accepts no liability deriving from a breach or omission in the privacy policies of third parties. The links are provided in good faith and SWAROVSKI cannot be held responsible for any subsequent change in other websites to which it provides a link. The inclusion of any links to other websites does not imply endorsement by SWAROVSKI.
12. ACCOUNT TERMINATION, REMOVAL OF CONTENT AND OTHER CONSEQUENCES
If SWAROVSKI becomes aware that YOU have violated any of the terms and conditions contained in this Terms, SWAROVSKI may immediately take corrective action. Such measures include preventing the user from using the Services offered by SWAROVSKI and immediately removing temporarily or permanently without notice any information, data, and Contributions put on the Website by the USER or immediately terminating the account.
If SWAROVSKI has been injured by your violation, SWAROVSKI may, in its sole discretion, seek to recover damages.
It is in SWAROVSKI’s sole discretion to decide whether Contributions violates these Terms. SWAROVSKI may also disable your account if YOU repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights.
Following termination or deactivation of your account, or if YOU or we remove any Contributions YOU had provided, SWAROVSKI may keep your Contributions for a reasonable period of time because of legal reasons, for back-up or audit purposes. SWAROVSKI and its USERS may retain and continue to use, store, display, reproduce, save, modify, create derivative works, perform and distribute any of your Contributions that other USERS have stored or shared on the Website.
14. WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIMERS
The use of this Website is exclusively at the sole risk of YOU. SWAROVSKI is not responsible if the information on the Website is inaccurate or incomplete. The Website is provided to YOU on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Consequently, SWAROVSKI expressly disclaims all representations, warranties and conditions of any kind, whether express, implied, statutory, or otherwise (including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement). Such warranties include, but are not limited to, any representations that material on the Website is complete, accurate, reliable, timely, and non-infringing on third parties; that access to the Website is uninterrupted or errorfree; that the Website is secure; or that any advice or opinion obtained from SWAROVSKI through the Website is accurate or reliable. Any such representations or warranties thereto are expressly disclaimed.
Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties. Therefore, some of these may not be applicable to YOU. Please check your local laws.
SWAROVSKI reserves the right to restrict or terminate your access to the Website, or any feature of the Website or part thereof, at any time.
15. MODIFICATIONS AND INTERRUPTIONS
SWAROVSKI works constantly to improve its Services and develop new features to make the Website better for YOU and our Community. As a result, SWAROVSKI may need to update these Terms from time to time to accurately reflect its Services and practices. YOU are bound by any such revisions if YOU continue to use the Swarovski Alumni Platform and should therefore periodically revisit this page.
We hope that YOU will continue using the Swarovski Alumni Platform, but if YOU do not agree to the updated Terms and no longer want to be a part of the Swarovski Alumni Community, YOU can delete your account at any time.
16. GOVERNING LAW
YOU and SWAROVSKI agree that any controversy or claim arising from, or pertaining to, the use of the Website shall be governed by Swiss law and shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Zurich, Switzerland. This choice of law only applies to the extent that there are no pre-emptive provisions of the law of the state in which YOU have your usual residence prohibiting it. SWAROVSKI is also authorized to sue YOU at your location.
17. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
SWAROVSKI, and any other parties involved in the creation, production, or delivery of the Website on SWAROVSKI’s behalf, shall not be held liable or responsible in any way for: any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages; costs; losses; or liabilities that may occur as a result of: your use and/or inability to use the Website; access to the Website; changes in the contents of the Website or from any other website accessed through a link from the Website; or, from any action SWAROVSKI takes or fails to take as a result of any electronic mail messages sent by the user to SWAROVSKI. SWAROVSKI, and any other parties involved in the creation, production, or delivery of the Website, shall have no responsibility to: maintain the material and Services made available on the Website or to supply any corrections, updates, or releases in connection herewith. Any material on the Website is subject to change without notice.
Furthermore, SWAROVSKI shall have no liability or responsibility whatsoever for any losses suffered caused by viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property as a result of your use of, access to, or the downloading of any material from the Website. Downloading material from the Website is done at your own risk.
Updated on 6 September 2022
Copyright © 2022 Swarovski. All rights reserved.
SWAROVSKI and the SWAN logo are registered trademarks of Swarovski AG.